Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Heating vents, and other mortal dangers

Jamus has been getting into EVERYTHING lately.
Note that his right hand has a sock over it in this photo. That is because he stuck his finger into a heating vent and sliced it pretty good. Through trial and error we found that taping a sock over it was really the only way to protect it long enough for it to heal. He had to wear it a good 10 days! Needless to say, it added quite a bit of drama to diaper changes, meals, bath time, etc.

After the heating vent incident I realized that I really can't take my eyes off him for even 30 seconds anymore unless he is in his playpen. Today I learned that he needs supervision even when he is penned up...
I was checking my e-mail in the next room when I decided Jamus was a little too quiet. I found him with these wires hanging out of his mouth! He had completely destroyed the "lights and sounds" feature of one of his favorite books. He protested quite a bit when I immediately took it away from him. He'd worked so hard to discover these new little tiny toys! I investigated it pretty closely to determine the likelihood that he had swallowed something deadly like a battery. I'm no expert in the area of "lights and sounds," but I think we're okay.

He seems fine, anyway.


1 comment:

  1. RIP Charlie Monkey, Harry the Gorilla who scared the pants off Weston, Daddy Croc & Junior with their teeth so bright, Henrietta Hippo, and the poor Lion without a moments peace. Kudos for staying together for 2 of our 3 boys!

    ReplyDelete