Friday, January 7, 2011

Imitation

Jamus is definitely going through an imitation stage. Unfortunately, not everything I do these days is worth imitating.

For instance, he has unfortunately had to witness me throwing up a couple of times when we are alone together in the morning. Before it happened the first time, I was concerned that it might upset him. Nope! He thinks it's hilarious.

Equally unfortunate is the fact that I cannot stop myself from occasionally gagging when I change a poopy diaper. This never happened before I got pregnant. I'm still rather appalled at other childrens' poopy diapers, but my own sweet Jamus... no problem. Until now.

So today I was changing a particularly icky one and started to gag. I try to make a joke out of it so he doesn't develop a complex. He has been picking up on the joke and trying to make throwing up sounds of his own. He recently discovered that the most effective way to do this is to stick his fingers down his throat. And since this particular diaper change came soon after a delicious lunch of cheese and crackers, he actually made himself throw up. I can only hope that he found this unpleasant enough that he will no longer try to imitate this aspect of pregnancy.

Maybe I can get him to imitate my pregnant need to sleep in. By the way, the pic at the top is my 16-week baby bump last weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Jamus, Jamus, Jamus! I remember when I was late in my pregnancy and Grayson imitated my 8 month+ pregnancy waddle including sticking out his belly as far as possible. Just wait...it's coming.

    LOVE the slipper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny post! And yet so true... :) I hope you're feeling less and less yucky and enjoying pregnancy #2 - Happy Birthday too!!

    ReplyDelete