Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Patience, or lack thereof

This is one of those weeks I think of as a "throw away" week. It'd be nice to say that I am living in the moment and enjoying each day for what it is. But I am not. I am merely trying to distract myself and pass the time to get to Thursday morning as soon as possible. The week Jamus was born was also a "throw away" week, as were the weeks I knew I might be pregnant but had to wait until a pregnancy test would tell me so.

Of course this week I am dying to know: pink or blue?

I have tried hard not to covet the girls' section at baby stores, but truly there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong, there are many, many cute things in the boys' section, and everything is much cuter with a Jamus inside of it. But I challenge you to find anything made for a baby girl that ISN'T cute.

It did occur to me the other day that I have barely thought beyond fashion when it comes to having a little girl. Of course there are many other things to be excited about: hair, makeup, girl talk... watching her become a bride and then a mother herself.

Ah, but a second boy!! A best friend for Jamus. A chance to reuse all of Jamus' best clothes. Two little men running around my house and making havoc. I would really love another boy.

As much as these thoughts consume me, as the hour draws near I have been thinking more and more about what's really important: a healthy baby. I pray that everything is developing perfectly in there. We have been so greatly blessed with Jamus; he could not have been more perfect and healthy and strong and beautiful. I know that is not something to take for granted. It is a miracle and now I am praying for another.

1 comment: